Friday, September 9, 2011

Interesting Lecture From A Biblical Unitarian

Many "key Founders" and the philosophers and divines who influenced them were theological unitarians. They were also devout theists who believed, in some way, revelation (God speaking to man in holy texts). One interesting dynamic I've found is mentioning they were "unitarians" automatically, reflexively connotes today's Unitarian-Universalist Church who aren't quite the same as those classical, Founding era unitarians.

Perhaps this fellow is more in line with those unitarians:

2 comments:

Angie Van De Merwe said...

Scriptures are not some
divien revleaton,so it makes me feel ill, as some human will use such "scripture" as a power play! This is subversion of individual liberty of choice, CONFORMED to a relgious uunderstanding of "God"....and it undermines "equality before the law"!

I do NOT beleive that ANY good thing can happen using some "idea" about conforming individuals into a particular "model" of any "GOD"! That is subverting the peroson's life,and liberty!

Phil Johnson said...

.
That's the kind of think that got me in bad repute with the church I attended up and until I was about 30 years old.
.
But, I came at it from a different direction.
.