Saturday, May 12, 2012

John Dickinson and American constitutionalism

That's the topic explored in this fascinating post over at The Imaginative Conservative.  Did you know that the Federalist Papers weren't the only defense of our Constitution at the time of its proposal?  American founding father John Dickinson wrote a set of articles, under the pen name Fabius, in defense of the proposed Constitution.  How powerful was Dickinson's argument in favor of the Constitution?  Powerful enough to earn the praise of the Father of Our Country, George Washington.  Read the entire post by George S. Ahern to learn more.  And I now have another book to add to my queue at the local public library!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This essay is from The Imaginative Conservative (not The American Conservative). Thanks.

Mark D. said...

Oooops! I'm make a correction! Glad to see you are keeping me on my toes!